Learning is our birthright. It is something that we do from the moment of our first creation. It is a natural part of us. It is something that cannot be taken from us. It is ours to have and we have a right to it.
It is not possible for any one of us to not learn. The challenge is for each person to become the master of his or her life through the education and learning process. Whether formal or informal, learning is a driving force within all of life.
For this reason alone, everyone has a right to it regardless of his or her ability to pay for it. The goal is to use it to move us forward on our individual life path.
The Future is Now!
OT Academy is working to provide access to education to anyone who has a desire to earn and receive a high school diploma or college degree. We strongly believe that education does not have to tote a huge price tag and everyone should and can have access to a quality high school or college education regardless of their ability to pay.
The cost of a high school or college education continues to increase every year with no end in sight. At the same time, the number of people who can afford to attend a private school or college decreases due to rising educational costs. This leads to:
- Increases in federal and state taxes
- Students and their parents consuming large amounts of debt
- Students wanting to attend school but cannot because of high educational costs and looming debt during and after program completion
- Students completing high school or college with little access or availability of gainful employment in a slow economy
Tuition-free education is a viable solution for everyone. What is Tuition-free Education? Tuition-free education means no cost to the student to take classes. Tuition-free does not include the costs associated with computer hardware, software, books, other instructional materials and equipment, living expenses, or other incidentals. The intent is to significantly reduce the costs associated with attaining a high school diploma or college degree, while increasing the number of people attending and completing their education.
Tuition-free educational programs do not require students or their parents to borrow large amounts of money (parent/student loans) in order to attend school each year the student may be enrolled in a program. Implementation of a sustainable solution will:
- Significantly reduce the costs associated with attending high school or college
- Provide access to a quality high school and college education without the burden of parent and student loans
- Give children advanced opportunities to prepare earlier to live purposefully, be proactive, and be productive citizens
- Allow more adults to receive the education they need to make a difference for themselves, their families, and their community
Vote for Tuition-free
You can help us in our efforts to bring tuition-free education to the world by voting for our project in the Pepsi Refresh Project competition. Here are a few simple things you can do to help us.
1. Vote Online: http://www.refresheverything.com/tuition-free
2. Text Vote: Text our code 106881 to Pepsi (73774)
3. Vote twice everyday through June 30th to help us be one of the 10 projects to receive $50,000 grant from Pepsi
4. Share the link and information with your family, friends, colleagues, and personal and business networks